Here are the ingredients:
- 1 Cup of Basil (I found this at Kroger and it worked out perfectly)
- 3 Tbsp Pine nuts
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic
- 3/4+ tsp lemon (more or less to your liking)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Splash of good quality Balsamic Vinegar
- Gently wash and pat dry the basil leaves. I used scissors to cut the leaves from stem.
2. Toast the pine nuts on low heat until light brown. Agitate every few minutes to ensure that all are toasted evenly.
3. Add all ingredients except the olive oil into a blender or food processor. Blend until all you get a thick paste.
4. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar and blend for 15-30 seconds until mixture thins out.
5. Store all remaining pesto in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy! This recipe is great for a meat marinade, pasta, spaghetti squash, dip, or on bread/crackers.